Psalm 139:23 "Search me, God, and know my heart..."

About Me

My photo
Hello there! My life is simple and full of joy; married my man in 2008, welcomed our son into the world in 2011. I love Jesus, I love my husband, I love being a mommy, life is ohsogood!

Visit Occasions to purchase my headbands!




Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

A Week In OR

This past week we were able to skip town for a week and head to Oregon to visit Jeff's sister, Jolene, who lives in Corvallis. We had such a wonderful time, we truly do LOVE Oregon and definitely would love to see if God has something for our family there. It's totally different then southern CA, a slower pace of life, something that I think we would thrive in. We had a rocky start to our trip though, our plane was scheduled to leave LA at 9AM so we woke up at 4 to leave by 5 to give ourselves plenty of time for traffic, and going through security. Well we showed up only to find out that our flight got pushed back to 2PM!! I was livid! Seriously angry, the worst part was, is that they were not even apologetic about anything, apparently the airline sent out an email informing everyone of the delay, well we never got it along with about 15 other passengers who were completely unaware! After I griped we spent 6 hours hanging out in the International Terminals  where there was a McDonald's and lots of seating. It was a very, very long 6 hours. Owen did great though, he played and entertained everyone! He is such a people person, he will talk to anyone and loves to make people laugh and smile! Once we got to OR we spent our week enjoying the outdoors and the cooler weather! We hung out with Ken and Jolene's community group a couple of times and it was so nice and refreshing to see community in action! They are truly blessed with an awesome community around them. Jeff and I got to go out on a date to Mcmenamins our favorite pub and enjoyed some delicious PNW beer and tots! Jeff got to go to an OSU game and they won! He also got to get away and shoot guns with Ken up in the hills. We went to Portland one day, and checked out some surrounding cities. We loved Tualatin and Salem. Jeff had an interview in Tualatin but it wound up not happening. We were bummed, but we are just continuing to trust the Lord with job opportunities. We took Owen to the park along the river a few times and he loved running in the grass and looking at the "waddy" We got to eat lots of good food and drink scrumptious coffee! We mostly just enjoyed a low key week spent with family.  I really do hope and pray that God takes us to OR one day, I really do love it there, and feel like I can breath easier. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip!























Thanks OR for all of your green beautiful fun, we miss you already and hope we get to live in you one day.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment