Psalm 139:23 "Search me, God, and know my heart..."

About Me

My photo
Hello there! My life is simple and full of joy; married my man in 2008, welcomed our son into the world in 2011. I love Jesus, I love my husband, I love being a mommy, life is ohsogood!

Visit Occasions to purchase my headbands!




Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bon Iver

It has been a month of bucket list check offs for this girl!!
A couple of months ago I heard that Bon Iver was going to be in town, I have been a fan since 2008 and absolutely love their music! When I went to try to grab some tickets it was totally sold out!
My sweet friend Ashton had posted on IG saying that she was going to see her cousin who is in Bon Iver. What the what?!? Hold the phone!!!
I asked her about it and turns out Sean Carey who is the percussionist and back up vocals is her 2nd cousin.
Her and her family were going to see them, and she said she would try to get me a ticket! Well turns out she DID! Seriously though, it was the best show I have ever been to! You know when you really love a musician and it just never sounds the same live? Well they sound just as good if not better live! Amazing!

I had so much fun with Ashton and her family, we had awesome balcony seats and pit bands if we wanted to try to get up close to the stage, which we did but it was NUTS and I really loved the view I had from up top!


We also got Aftershow passes!! When the show was over the security was kicking everyone out of the venue but because we had these little babies, we got to go take a ride in an elevator up to the Roof Top Bar... hey hey!!!
The entire band was up the hanging out!
I was trying not to be a weird googly groupie, but I was so excited!
Sean came right over and talked to us for awhile, he was so nice!

There we are lookin all famous! hahahhahah
I didnt get to meet Justin Vernon, the main guy but Ashton's aunt snapped a sneaky stalker shot, he is the one in the blue hat! hahahhahahah
so hilarious!

It was wonderful, I am beyond thankful for Ashton getting me in on this little adventure! It was so stinking awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment