Psalm 139:23 "Search me, God, and know my heart..."

About Me

My photo
Hello there! My life is simple and full of joy; married my man in 2008, welcomed our son into the world in 2011. I love Jesus, I love my husband, I love being a mommy, life is ohsogood!

Visit Occasions to purchase my headbands!




Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Feist

Another HUGE bucket list check off for me! I seem like such a busy lady, but really I'm not, it just so happened that Bon Iver and FEIST were just one week apart!
You read it right, I got to see Feist this past weekend! She is my number one of all time most favorite artist!
Jen, Lexy and I packed our bags for an overnight trip to Phoenix!
We headed off at 6am Sunday morning and made the 5 hour drive to the dessert
It was actually a pretty gorgeous drive it being morning and all.
we were sure to stop for some pictures!

Nothing like being squished with your gal pals in the car.
It was nice to catch up on life, share stories and laugh our butts right off!

When we got to Phoenix it was HOT! like bake in an oven hot. like dry hot. like skin is burning off hot.
which made this fancy pool at the hotel an awesome treat!
After lunch at a yummy greek spot, we hit the pool to take a dip and lay out for a bit before the concert!
It was some much needed R&R for this busy momma!


After we all got dressed up we headed to get some coffee and then to the Orpheum Theater.
I had no expectations on what it would be like, but it was absolutely beautiful!
I felt like I was in Beauty and the Best! It was like a castle!


I should have taken a picture of the bathroom, there was a fancy sitting area and vanities to touch up!


GORGEOUS!! Our seats were AMAZING!!
After watching Timber Timbre open we were ready and anxious for Feist!


Feist is the cutest thing ever! She is such a tiny little lady with a beautifully powerful voice!
Her back up singers were so good too, and they did little dance moves, all I kept thinking was I could do that!! hahahahaha watch out Feist imma audition for ya!
bahahhahhaahah

If you have not heard her new album, you are missing out. It is so so so so so good!
She did do a few old songs too, like a version of Mushaboom that I have never heard!
It was awesome!


The show ended around 11 and it was still 100 degrees outside! SHEESSSHHH
I was so thankful for my town, we may have hot days, but I love summer nights! It cools down enough to still be in your shorts but a cool breeze, this was like being in an oven
all. day. long.
good to get some perspective hah!

It was nice to see my sister too for a good time!
She is really busy these days tattooing and all so I don't get to see her much.
Sleepover party!!
we laughed until our bellies hurt, or we peed a little
:)


We got to see some beautiful things too along the way!
I had so much fun with my friends, I loved being able to set aside schedules and business to have some pure, uninterrupted friend time!
Makes you appreciate it more when its not so often!


We had such a fun trip! Thanks Lexy and Jen, love you ladies so dang much! Thankful for your friendship!

It was nice to get away for a night, but I definitely missed my guys!
It's strange how life changes and being without your family, even for a night, really gets to ya!
I was happy to come home to my man and my squishy little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment