Psalm 139:23 "Search me, God, and know my heart..."

About Me

My photo
Hello there! My life is simple and full of joy; married my man in 2008, welcomed our son into the world in 2011. I love Jesus, I love my husband, I love being a mommy, life is ohsogood!

Visit Occasions to purchase my headbands!




Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Home Findings

Lately, I have had redecorating fever!! There we some things in my home that I kept looking at and thinking "I wish that was different" so I decided to just get going on it!
Bless my husband, he is such a sweet man for letting me have free reign in our home to decorate! I found these chairs at an antique store in town and fell in love with them! Everyone I asked about them was hit or miss, some people loved the pineapples, others hated them. But, I LOVED them! The more and more I thought about them and stared at them the more I loved them and needed to take them home! My husband said YES and away they went! I plan to re paint and upholster them!

I recovered all of our throw pillows for our couch too! My friend and I went to World Market and picked out a slew of super cute cloth napkins to redo these pillows! I was so excited for the project, and it was SO simple! A little sewing later and ta da!!!

Rearranged some photos on the wall, found a spot for my birds and house chalkboard

Added napkins to our table and the sweet vintage colander my sister got me as a fruit bowl! Found a purpose for the millions of mason jar lids I have in my closet, napkin holders!!! genius!

I had been wanting a bird cage for so long, but hadn't found one that I absolutely loved, until I ran into this black beauty!! Scored it for 10 bucks!! and the oil lantern I got for 6 dollars! STEAL!!!

Then I got this little sweetie in the mail as a surprise birthday gift from my sweet friend Jen! I had pinned it on my pinterest and she went snooping, found it and got it!! Such a good idea when thinking of gifts for people just stalk their pinterest!! I seriously LOVE it! Ill have to post a picture of where it resides now with its purty little flowers! Thank you Jenni Boo!

Jen also gave me this amazing table to go between my chairs! I love it and it fits in perfect in our home!
It just seemed like two weeks of sweet deals and steals, awesome surprises and things just working out all at the same time! There are a few other things I would like to do, they involve some wood burning, the number 3 and our new family pictures, but in time, I think I need to give Jeff a break! :)
I told Jeff the other day, I finally feel like we are in a place where I sit back and think, "home, this is exactly how I imagined it to be!" totally peaceful/comfortable/amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment